Friday, December 30, 2011

Christmas at School

*I know these next few posts will be super late, but I've been so busy and haven't had a chance to post but want to have this for my record!

The Tuesday before Christmas Mary Hyatt's class had a little "Christmas Party" for the babies and parents.  Now, if you are like me, you are probably wondering what in the world are we going to do at a Christmas party for infants. Mary Hyatt got all dressed up in some cute Christmas attire and I couldn't resist taking a few pictures that morning...
 Oops...she hadn't mastered sitting up yet like I'd hoped....
 The party was at 4 in the afternoon.  It was actually such a great idea.  Instead of meeting in the "classroom," they brought a few of the bumbo's out in this big fellowship hall area and all of the parents sat around and watched the babies interact.
 I loved being able to see how Mary Hyatt "played" with some of her "friends."  I had never seen her around other babies before so it was cute! She looked like such a big girl.
I wish I had taken more pictures or had taken a picture of her whole class.  Oh well.

 Each of her teachers passed out individual presents that they had bought specifically for each child, and  we all gathered in a circle and read "The Night Before Christmas." I am so glad that they decided to have this little party for the babies and parents!

Friday was Mary Hyatt's last day at school before their Christmas break (They are closed for the week between Christmas and New Years).  They had a special visit from Santa (who was actually MH's teacher's husband).  Luckily, I was dropping MH off right when Santa got there so I got to steal a picture with my camera.
I am so thankful that Mary Hyatt goes to such a great daycare where I feel like they really care about each child and they really put forth effort to let the parents see that! Makes it a lot easier to drop her off every day!  Though it still hurts my soul daily....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter