Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Walking

Because of my blogging hiatus, I never got a chance to blog about Mary Hyatt WALKING!! That was such an important milestone, that I think it deserves it's own post even if it is super late.  I'm having to try to play catch up now.  Now that we are moved and Mary Hyatt's birthday party is over, I should have a little more time to catch up on everything.  I sure do have a LOT to catch up on so stayed tuned.

Anyway, Mary Hyatt started walking on June 3, 2012.  She had been standing independently for several weeks and had maybe taken 1-2 steps independently a handful of times but it was like just over night something clicked.  She just took off.  Here is a glimpse of her first few steps that night...
We were so so proud and so shocked.  She couldn't do it unless something was in her hand, haha I guess that helped her balance.

I guess I should mention that though I was proud, the entire next day at work all I could think about was "Oh my gosh, my baby is walking. She is walking all over the place at daycare.  How did this happen?"  I called Ben on my way to pick her up after work and literally about had a meltdown haha.  I kept saying "I know this is crazy, but I am so so sad that she is walking. It's like she went from a baby to a toddler over night."
Lucky for me, when we got home that evening, she wasn't " walking" all over the place.  Though she could still walk if we propped her up, walking really wasn't her preferred method of movement.  She still preferred to crawl.  Whew. As crazy as this sounds, I was relieved.

It was only a matter of about 2 days before walking did slowly become her preferred method of movement. It didn't phase me then though.  I guess I just needed a day or two to mentally accept that my baby really isn't a baby anymore, and that despite my efforts to keep her little for as long as I can, she is going to grow up.
























Now, she is walking everywhere.  She has the cutest walk I've ever seen.  I love a baby's first walk.  They just waddle around.  She is getting faster and faster, and if she really wants to get somewhere she will almost run to get there.  Boy, do we have our hands full now! She is in to EVERYTHING. But, boy, isn't this the absolute most fun stage yet.  I'll save that for another post, but to sum it up, this whole mothering/parenthood phase, is just the best EVER.  And it just keeps getting better and better and better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter