Saturday, February 20, 2010

Bless Her Heart..... and a good laugh for you

Today was a tragic day for Ellie. She went from looking like this...




to this....



Bless her heart! hahaha She is so stinkin' ugly now! I can't help but laugh when I look at her. She is so skinny and looks like a rat. She doesn't even look like our dog! But.. unfortunately, this had to be done. Because of all the rain and snow, her long hair kept getting wet. I was just lazy and never dried her off after we would take her out to use the bathroom etc....therefore, her hair was matted. You could hardly pet her because she was just full of matted hair all the way to her skin. The only way to get rid of it was to shave her...so this is the outcome. I usually end up taking her to the puppy spa to have this done about twice a year, so I kind of knew what to expect... although I think this might be the ugliest she has ever looked. I don't remember her looking THIS bad before haha and gosh, I hate it...I don't know which is worse... that she feels embarrassed because she knows she looks different (I can tell she knows because she is acting like she is pouting..she won't play with us and is just laying around), or that Ben and I are embarrasssed to take her out to use the bathroom because she looks like our little pet rat. At least it will all grow back quickly, and at least she is still the same sweet dog that we both love!

Hope you got a good laugh out of those pictures. Ben and I sure have!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness...I just laughed out loud!! She looks soooo funny! Poor Ellie!!

    ReplyDelete

Site Meter