Monday, February 22, 2010

Ohhh...we're halfway there!

Today... February 22, 2010... marks me and Ben's 6 month wedding anniversary!! Wow!! I can't believe we have already been married that long. Although it was such a blur, it really seems like our wedding was just yesterday. But it wasn't. It was half a year ago. And to think that I still have not picked out or ordered my wedding pictures or finished our thank you notes...But, I must say, I have made a lot of progress in both of those areas over the last couple of weeks.

Ben, of course, is still at work. I wonder if he realizes that this is our HALF YEAR anniversary. Probably not...I guess this isn't that exciting, haha I just thought it was kind of cool. Happy Anniversary to us!

At the end of this week, I'll also be HALFWAY through my last semester of graduate school EVER! Just one more internship left. There is only one word for that.....FINALLY!!

On another note... I did want to post a couple of pictures from this past weekend. On Friday I attended a job fair at Montevallo. It was great to give out my resume and to talk to people that could potentially be my employer! WOW! I can't believe it's almost time for me to graduate and actually get a REAL job. It's kind of scary but so exciting all at the same time. I can't wait for that first paycheck! I've been "working" for free for way too long... haha

I think the best part of the entire job fair was getting to see all of my friends again. We went from basically seeing each other every single day and becoming quite a little "family," to not seeing each other at all for two months. It was great to catch up.
After the job fair, I went to eat a late lunch/dinner with a few friends from class: Blair, Alicia, and Krissy. Krissy actually brought her little girl along to our lunch date. She was so cute! I had seen several pictures of her before but had never had a chance to meet her in person. I was so excited that she came! Anyway, our lunch was great and I loved catching up with all of them! Unfortunately, I didn't get a single picture.

Later that night Ben and I went bowling with a few friends- Patrick and Amy, and Blair and Alicia. It was so much fun.

We have been hanging out with Patrick and Amy a lot lately, and have really enjoyed getting to know them. They are so much fun! For anyone that doesn't know, they just got married a couple of months before me and Ben. They live in the same apartment complex as us (they actually referred us to this place!), so its awesome having such great friends living so close by. Amy told me the other night that she has been contemplating starting a blog.. I'm really trying to convince her to do it. If any of you know her, tell her how much you would love to read about their life every day! haha Sorry Amy..
My two friends, Blair and Alicia, also joined us! I was so excited that they came! They are two of my great friends from Montevallo. Sadly, Alicia is from Minnesota and is actually moving back there for good this Thursday! I am so sad.. I have loved getting to know her over the last two years. I'm hoping that we will still see each other randomly at some of the ASHA conventions or other speech-path events, and I know we will continue to keep in touch through facebook etc. At least, for now, I will get to see her again in May for graduation! My other friend, Blair, is actually moving right down the street from me and Ben so I am really excited. We have gotten to be good friends over the last two semesters because we were both at the VA Hospital and UAB Hospital together for our clinical placements. I can't wait to hang out with her more! She is a runner..so I'm hoping maybe she will inspire me to get my lazy tail off the couch and go for a jog with her every now and then. After all, it's almost bathing suit time! ah!!
So, judging from this post and the last post, apparently we had a fun filled weekend. As for this week, I'm trying to savor these last few days with my preschool babies at Mountain Brook Elementary. I'm getting really sad about leaving them. I love that little group so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter