Sunday, May 23, 2010

Dinner Party #1

I'm getting super behind on blogging! For once, this past week and weekend was actually pretty eventful and busy for me and Ben so I have lots to update you on. First of all, last Tuesday our good old friends Leigh Anna and Bagby came over to have dinner with me and Ben.... or maybe I should say... Leigh Anna came over to our apartment and cooked dinner for all of us. Those are the best kind of dinner parties to me. I don't mind hosting, especially if someone else cooks!!

The boys grilled out steaks. As you can see it was a little smoky on our back porch... maybe thats why they say you can't have a grill out there. We are such rebels! haha
Leigh Anna made a delicious corn casserole. It had a bit of a mexican taste to it. She also made a blueberry dessert that was SO good. Thanks Leigh Anna for your wonderful cooking!!
My contribution: A bag of salad. Open and pour. Real fancy, huh?
(To my defense, I had had a VERY long and busy day that day and just got home about 10 minutes before they all got there.)
Here they are getting ready to eat.
And, thank goodness for self timers!
Look at this awesome wine bottle/candle holder thing that I have in the center of our table. I am absolutely obsessed with it! My mom and dad got it for me as part of my graduation present. Isn't it so neat and unique?
After dinner we all piled on the couch to watch American Idol. (Leigh Anna and I are, and always have been, HUGE fans of that show! Even in college we use to get together all the time to watch it! My favorite is Lee Dewyze. I hope he wins! Although Crystal is pretty amazing too. This might be the best finale ever since I actually like both singers!)

Of course Leigh Anna and Bagby got in a little snuggle time with the pups.
Overall, it was a great night and I was so glad that we were able to catch up with them. Although we just live down the street from each other, it had been too long since we had gotten together. Hopefully we won't go that long again!

Stay tuned for more updates about the rest of this past week/weekend. I'm going to try to catch up tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. It was so much fun!!! And I did not cook everything haha. You even gave me the supplies for my cobbler!!

    We'll do it again soon! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete

Site Meter