Thursday, May 6, 2010

Fiesta! Fiesta!

Yesterday for Cinco de Mayo some of our good friends, Patrick and Amy, had our group of friends over for a fiesta. Let me just tell you, Amy reaaallly knows how to entertain people. Every time she has had us over, she has decorated their place, the table, the atmosphere etc. perfectly! It always surprises me every time. I just don't know how she does it. I need her to give me lessons! haha

I didn't get a lot of pictures of the decorations, but I did get a few. Here is a picture of the table she had set.
And in this next one, look how creative she was. She used sombreros to hold these chips on the table.
They also had mexican music playing throughout dinner. It was great!
For dinner, Patrick made everyone chicken and/or steak quesadillas. They were sooo good! We also had chips and cheese dip, salsa and quacamole dip. The boys had a couple of cervezas and the girls had a strawberry daiquiri. Yum yum!

Oh, and how could I forget. For dessert, Amy made us fried ice cream! One word... DELICIOUS! Unfortunately I didn't get a picture of it. I guess I was too busy scarfing it down! haha

Here are a few other pictures from the night...

Here we are with the engaged couple!! Blake and Holly Beth are getting married in a few months! We are all so excited for them!
And here is a picture of the hosts themselves... Thanks you two!
We tried to get a picture of the boys in the sombreros, but Blake was "too cool" to put it on. haha
But thankfully, Patrick wasn't! haha
These next two, Erin and Charlie (mine and Ben's old roommates), are about to celebrate their 1st anniversary this weekend!! I can't believe it has already been one year! Time sure is flying by!

And thank goodness for self timers on cameras because I was able to get a group picture!

And of course we had to take a "funny" one.
Overall, it was such a great night. We ALWAYS have so much fun when we all get together. Ben and I feel very blessed to have such great friends. Unfortunately, Patrick and Amy are moving to Tennessee at the end of this month. Ben an I are both so so sad. We have loved getting to know them over the past year and will definitely miss them both! But, thankfully they aren't moving too far away, and I am certain that we will make a few trips to visit them and hopefully they will come back to visit all of us.

In other news, nothing much is new. I have officially completed EVERYTHING for graduate school. Woo hoo!! Now all I'm doing is waiting to walk at graduation this Saturday. It's been a long ride, but so worth it! I am currently working at Mountain Brook Elementary (where I did my internship) in the same preschool class that I was in before. They needed a couple of temporary aides, so Erin and I agreed to do it. It has been so much fun getting to see all the kiddos again. Not to mention, I'll actually get payed for it this time! I don't think I'll know what to do with myself when I actually get a paycheck!

The puppies are still growing like crazy. They are getting so much cuter and are really starting to develop little personalities. I'll try to post pictures and maybe a video soon... but for now, here is a picture of my neice, Abby, holding the puppies last weekend.

I guess that's it for now. Hope everyone had a wonderful Cinco de Mayo!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter