Thursday, April 29, 2010

Who likes to eat?!?

Lately I've been "stalking" several bloggers websites and have found tons of delicious recipes that I've printed out and either have already cooked or plan to cook in the near future. I love when people post their recipes because we are always looking for something new to eat. So, tonight I figured it was my turn to contribute to the blogging recipe world. Here is what we had for dinner tonight... and I must admit it was pretty good.

In case you can't tell, our menu consisted of Parmesan Crusted Chicken, sweet potato casserole, green beans and cornbread. I must also admit that usually, I am not a good cook. There have been a few times that I've cooked something and it has turned out so bad that we've had to go out for dinner. However, tonight that was not the case, and that is why I've decided to share this recipe. I don't even remember where I got the recipe.. I think it was out of a magazine I was reading while standing in line at Walmart, but regardless, it was delicious and SOOO easy!! (which is my kind of meal! :))

So here it is...... Parmesan Crusted Chicken

What you need:
  • 12 multigrain saltine crackers (I didn't have multigrain, so I just used saltine crackers!)
  • 1/4 cup grated Parmesan Cheese
  • 2 Tablespoons finely chopped Parsley
  • 1/2 teaspoon dried Basil
  • 1/2 teaspoon paprika
  • 1/4 tsp. each of salt and pepper
  • 1/4 cup buttermilk
  • 4 boneless skinless chicken breast

What you do:

  1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Place baking rack on a baking sheet. (I didn't know what that meant so I just used that broiler pan you see pictured above, but I would venture to say you could just place the chicken directly on a baking sheet...but again, I'm no cook haha so no guarantees.)
  2. Place crackers in a large zip lock bag and crush. Add parmesan, parsley, basil, paprika, salt and pepper. Shake to combine. Pour crumbs in a shallow dish like a pie plate. (I just used a regular plate.)
  3. Place buttermilk in a shallow dish (I used a regular bowl). Dip chicken in buttermilk, then coat both sides with cracker mixture.
  4. Place chicken on rack on baking sheet.
  5. Bake @ 400 degrees for 25-30 minutes.

There you have it! Please try it. It was very easy and very good! AND, if you do try it...be sure to comment on my blog and tell me about it!

Hope you enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. This looks easy and yummy! I will try soon - can't wait!

    ReplyDelete

Site Meter