Saturday, September 4, 2010

Update- Part One

Gosh! I have so much to update everyone on! I've decided that instead of doing several little posts, I'm just going to do one big, long post to catch up on everything.

Life has been SOO crazy for the past couple of weeks. Here is a glimpse into what we've been uo to. It all started with this:
For those of you that don't know, Sally, Ben's youngest sister, is a freshman at The University of Alabama this year. She went through rush and of course Ben and I couldn't miss being there for Bid Day! We were there two years ago when his other sister, Meg, pledged Alpha Chi. This year, Meg is the pledge trainer (or new member educator? I don't know what they call it these days!) so it was extra special to see Sally pledge the same sorority! We know they are going to have a blast together! Congratulations Sally! (and Meg!)
Unfortunately, Ben and I had to leave a little early from Bid Day because Ben was heading out of town for a week for work. And that would mark the beginning of the most exhausting two weeks of my life.
So, while Ben was out of town, I spent the week packing, cleaning, and painting, on top of working. Luckily, my mom came and stayed the entire week with me and helped. Seriously, I don't know how I would have ever survived without her help. There is absolutely no way I would have gotten it all done. She worked on all of it everyday while I was at work. Then when I would get home around 6, we would eat dinner quickly, and then work until at least midnight each night. It was EXHAUSTING, to say the least.
But, somehow we managed to get it all done, and then that weekend we started the moving process.
We were so blessed to have help from Ben's parents, my parents, and our good friends Whitney and Brian. Ben and I had no idea how much stuff we have, and it was tough moving it with all the stairs. Not to mention it was BLAZING hot that day.
Unfortunately, that is all the pictures I took during the move. We eventually got everything unloaded and all took a lunch break to Mr. P's Deli. If you live in the Birmingham area and haven't ever been there, I hiiighly suggest you try it. It is DELICIOUS!
After lunch, we headed back home to start trying to get things settled. We did a little work, but soon were too tired to function so we went to bed instead. Still, two weeks later, we aren't fully settled yet. We still don't have cable yet (which should be hooked up this week), just got our internet 2 days ago, pictures aren't hung, boxes are still full in the back rooms, and stuff is still everywhere. We are unpacked enough that it's functional, but its still just a work in progress.
I never realized just how hard it would be to move while working full time. Not to mention, things at work have been a little chaotic too. My caseload has doubled (perfect timing, huh?), we've moved offices so its a mess there too!, and our company had to lay off our therapy techs (who I loved dearly!, and who helped us tremendously) which has dumped a whole lot more work on each therapist.
So as you can see, life has been a mess lately. This is the first weekend Ben and I are staying home since the move, so we plan to get things settled today. We have a list of about 20 things to accomplish...which Ben isn't too thrilled about because all he wants to do is watch Football. haha
I'm going to try to take a picture of our house later today, and I'll post pictures of it. We sure are LOVING it so far!!
We live right down the street from our good friends, Erin and Wesley. It's so convenient becuase we walk to each others houses almost every day. We also love to take walks around the neighborhood... with all 4 dogs! Yes, we look a little intimidating, we know...but its so much fun!
Emma isn't the best walker on a leash yet, but she is getting better! Everytime we get home, she is pooped, and pretty much does this every time:
Well, I've decided this post is getting too long, so I'm gonna end it here! Over the last couple of weeks, Emma has also had her first trip to the lake, Ben has had a birthday, we've celebrated our First Anniversary!!, and we've spent the weekend in Atlanta with some friends doing some celebrating. I'll just have to post about those next! Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter