Monday, October 4, 2010

Weekend Recap

This past weekend, Ben and I headed to Decatur to hang out with our families. As always, the weekend flew by. We didn't get there until late Friday night. We weren't able to leave Birmingham until around 7:30 ish because we had to wait on me to get back from work, and Ben, who had been out of town all week, to get back to Birmingham.

Saturday, we woke up and got ready to head to see this guy play football!

My nephew Chase is playing football this year for the first time!! He is only 8 years old, so it was pretty cute to watch all of them play. I was surprised at how good they are too!

And of course Ben and I picked up this little chick to go to the game with us! Isn't she precious?

At the end of the game, this guy from the Titans football team (can't remember his name?!?)showed up. Of course he was a big hit to all of the little football players. I couldn't resist getting a picture of Chase with him!

Unfortunately Chase's team didn't win this time. But hey, you win some, you lose some..right? I am still so glad that we were able to make it to the game! Hopefully we can make it to another one before the season ends! I just can't believe how quickly he is growing up. It makes me sad!

We spent the rest of the day watching football. Our good friends Whitney and Brian came over to my parents house to watch the Alabama game with us. As always, it was great to hang out with them.

And on Sunday, Ben and I went to church, took Abby to the park, and later went on a walk with Emma and Ben's parents. It was such a great weekend!


Just as a side note, I want to write this down so I don't forget it. Most of you probably won't want to read this. Here is a conversation between my neice, Abby (2 1/2 years old) and Ben's mom. (Remember, to say Ben's family are HUUUUGE Alabama fans is an understatement.)

Abby: (while looking outside across the street) Park!! We are going to the park!

Ben's mom: What are you going to do at the park Abby?

Abby: swinging, play baseball, and football

Ben's mom: Do you like football?

Abby: (nods her head) and says "Not Roll Tide."

hahaha We all died out laughing! She had NO prompting whatsoever haha. If she only knew how big of "Roll Tide" fans they were!

Later Ben's dad had a conversation with her in which he said "Do you like Roll Tide? " Abby nods no. He says "What about War Eagle?" She nods yes. This went on for a couple minutes as Ben's dad kept repeating each question. Abby was consistent in her response. He then said, "What if I give you a sucker?" Her face lit up and she had the biggest grin on her face. She then kept running in the room saying "Roll Tide! I want more!" haha It was hilarious! She is at such a cute age right now!

This is just a little glimps of what my future looks like when Ben and I have kids of our own... They are going to be so confused.

Oh well, it will make it interesting I guess!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter