Sunday, October 10, 2010

A Trip to the Dog Park

Until recently I never knew that "Dog Park's" actually existed. For those of you that don't know, it's exactly what it sounds like: a park solely designated for dogs, where people bring there furry little animals and let them run wild and play together in a huge fenced in area. Recently, I have heard several people mentioning these parks, so today Ben and I decided to take Emma and Ellie to check it out.

*Side Note: Let me go ahead and apoligize for the quality of these pictures. They are HORRIBLE. Most of the time I was holding Ellie and trying to take a picture at the same time..and apparently I'm not good at that. I'm still going to post them so you can at least get an idea...

It just so happens that one of the parks is only 10 minutes away from our house. We were surprised when we got there to see how many people and pets there were everywhere! I knew before we got there that Ellie would HATE playing with other dogs, but I didn't know how Emma would react.

This is a picture I took while we were walking up... it just gives you an idea of some of the dogs that were in there with some of the owners...
Luckily though, they have separate areas for different size dogs..

Ellie lucked out because there were no dogs in the small dog area. I let her go by herself to run free for a while. She loved being able to explore on her own....until another small dog showed up. That was the end of her fun because she kept barking like crazy.. haha but she was EXHAUSTED anyways, as you can tell by her tongue hanging out from panting so hard..

Emma did pretty well with all of the other dogs. At first she ran back to door and just kept trying to get back out to me.. It felt like I was dropping my baby off at day care and she didn't want to go! I eventually joined her and Ben in there, and she then started playing with all of the dogs. She was pretty submissive though, and kept rolling on her back whenever a dog walked up to her. By the time we left though, she was running with/at all of the other dogs. There was even another vizsla there!! I tried so hard to get a picture of it with Emma, but neither of them would stay still long enough, so this was all I got of the other dog...Isn't he pretty?
It was so funny, but neat to me that there were so many people out there with their dogs. Everyone was talking about things their dogs do etc. It felt just like a doggie day care...which is kind of weird, I know, but right up my alley! As most of you know, for now, our dogs ARE our "babies," and we sure treat them like it!

Overall, it was pretty fun and I'm sure we will go back! After we left both dogs were NASTY...so I came home and immediately gave both dogs a bath. Both are sleeping beside me/in my lap as I type this.. so I guess this trip to the park wore them out...and thats an even better reason to go back again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter