WOW!! It actually looks like a baby now!!
Look closely, can you see the little leg sticking up on the left side? It's bent, with the little foot sticking out!?
Unfortunately, she couldn't get a really clear picture because the baby was hiding really low, and was hard for her to get to. I still like the ones she got though.. I can definitely tell it's a baby!
It was unbelievable watching the ultrasound. At first glance, I freaked out and said "Oh my gosh, it has a HUGE nose. It looks like a bird with a beak!" The tech just laughed and said "No thats its little hand resting up there on its face with it's fingers sticking out." hahaha She then proceeded to press a little on my stomach and then the little peanut flailed its arms and kicked its legs! It was sooooo awesome. She quit moving the ultrasound wand, and I got to watch the baby kicking and squirming away on it's own. SURREAL. I can't believe that its actually inside of me.
While looking at the ultrasound, I couldn't help but think of just how wonderful our God is. How could anybody say "There is no God." It is clearly evident that God exists and is fully in control by the miracle of life. I am so thankful for all he has blessed Ben and me with, and we are so thankful for little "Baby Adams."
So, there you have it! There's an update on sweet "Baby Adams." In just 6 short weeks (seems like forever!) we will get to find out if it's a boy or a girl. I can't wait! Continue to keep us in your prayers that everything will continue to go smoothly! I appreciate all of the prayers you all have already sent our way!
For my own records, I want to jot down some of the tiny details of this pregnancy before I forget them. This will be boring for most of you so I'm warning you to quit reading now..haha
- 5 weeks- we're pregnant!!
- 5-7.5 weeks- LOTS of cramping!
- 6 weeks 2 days- Saw the heartbeat for the first time.
- 7 weeks- started getting really sick. Threw up in my lunch box in the car on the way home from work...it was the closest thing I could find!
- 10 weeks- nausea started fading
- 11 weeks- Heard the heartbeat for the first time. It was 185 bpm!
- 12 weeks- started wearing maternity pants for comfort.
- 12 weeks 1 day- Had genetic screening, saw first "baby shape" on ultrasound, and the heartrate was 175
- Cravings: Around 8-10 weeks, I constantly wanted pickles. I went through 3 jars in about 5 days. Lately, I've been craving sour straws..though not as strongly as the pickle craving.