Wednesday, March 30, 2011

28 Weeks

My pregnancy book told me that by this week, I will look like I swallowed a basketball.... and thats exactly what it looks like!

*Please excuse the black jumpsuit I have on in these pictures haha. I was wearing my black pants all day and was too lazy to change, but wanted to make sure I took my picture in the same black shirt that I've been wearing for all of the pictures so that I could compare them easily, hence the black jumpsuit.

But, goodness gracious, I know I say this every time but I really am growing by the minute right now! I can't believe I'm in the third trimester already! In just 9 weeks, this baby will be considered full term and in no more than 12 weeks we will be meeting the precious little peanut! We are thrilled!

I went to the doctor today and had my blood sugar test to check for gestational diabetes! I passed! Woo hoo! It feels good to have that behind me. After drinking the orange sugary drink that they gave me, little Baby A started moving like crazyyyy! I guess that boost of sugar really got her going!

My doctor said everything looks great and we start going to the doctor every 2 weeks now, which I am so excited about! I can honestly say I have such a different outlook on the pregnancy now. I feel like during my last post, I was a little down and emotional from the pregnancy and honestly, wasn't enjoying it that much. But, for some reason now, I really am enjoying it. I might even venture to say, I LOVE it. I guess its because I'm at the point where there is no hiding I'm pregnant, I finally feel her moving all the time which in itself makes it more enjoyable, I'm going to the doctor more frequently and I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. Now, I'm trying to cherrish every minute and really take it all in. Don't get me wrong, I still have my emotional moments at times but its just different. haha

So to sum up this month, here is an update:

According to my pregnancy book, Baby A weighs approximately 2 1/2 pounds and is approximately 15 inches long! If she were born now, she would have a 90% chance of survival (whew!), though we want her to stay in a cook for a while longer!

  • Cravings- I still don't really have any major cravings, but I'm finding that its much better for me to eat smaller meals more frequently, rather than fewer larger meals.

  • Symptoms- I've started to have a little swelling in my feet, legs, and hands every now and then, but luckily its not constant and its not every day. I did almost have a panic attack one day though because my wedding ring was stuck on my finger and I couldn't get them off!

  • My belly is now at the point where it is getting hard for me to bend over to pick things up or to put my socks/shoes on because it pushes on my ribs. (I know this will continue to get worse!) I can still do it right now, but I just have to brace myself and make it quick haha. I actually jokingly asked Ben the other night if he would paint my toenails for me because I can't do it..haha.. He looked at me like I had lost my mind... hahaha I knew the answer before I even asked, I just wanted to see his reaction. He is usually pretty helpful with things, but that is where he draws the line!

  • Weight Gain- Hum... I don't really even want to go there, buuuut I know I'll want to know this during future pregnancies to compare. I've gained 22 pounds! AHH!! It is torture seeing the scale go up at the doctors office. Never in my life have I even come close to weighing this much. I realize that many of you probably didn't even gain this much in your entire pregnancy, and I still have a ways to go. My doctor said he's not concerned because the average weight gain for someone at 28 weeks is between 17-24 pounds, so I'm still within the normal range...though at the higher end. Oh well....It's just crazy how your body automatically starts storing things differently and in different areas when you are pregnant to provide for the baby and prepare for breastfeeding. That was the hardest part for me to accept, but it really is a miracle. At least I know she's growing appropriately!

  • Sleeping- I've actually been sleeping pretty well lately with the purchase of my new pregnancy pillow! I still wake up a couple of times throughout the night, and always wake up at least once to use the bathroom, but I'm able to go back to sleep which is nice!

  • So, I guess thats about it for now! I go back to the doctor in 2 weeks and we will get to do the 4D ultrasound! I am soo excited!!

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Site Meter