Thursday, May 26, 2011

36 Weeks

Well, we are finally in the home stretch of this pregnancy, and I couldn't be more excited!
Wow....I've never seen my body look like this. I never realized how much EVERYTHING would change with pregnancy. My legs, arms, face, feet...you name it, it's different.
I went to the doctor today and got a great report. Baby Girl's heartbeat was beating at 160 bpm. My blood pressure was great, and I've already thinned 70% and dilated 1 1/2 cm's!! I was so surprised, and my doctor was too I think! He said "You should be really happy because we rarely see this much change at this point in pregnancy with first time moms. I would usually expect this with 2nd or 3rd time moms." Yay! He said he doesn't think I'll make it to my due date, and definitely won't go past it. He said it may be 2-3 more weeks. I sure am hoping he is right! I know I could stay this way without any progress for a while though, so I'm trying not to get my hopes up too high!

For the most part, I'm doing well with this stage of pregnancy. I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel, which makes each day a little easier. I will admit, I have definitely hit the uncomfortable stage. My legs and feet have started to swell, and there is absolutely no position- sitting or lying-that is comfortable on my body. I've started to get out of breath at times, and find it hard to really enjoy doing much of anything these days. Its hard because I feel like my mind is constantly saying "Let's go!" but my body is telling me "Heck no!" haha I know I really need to be relaxing more these last few weeks, and need to quit worrying about getting things done, cleaning, hanging with friends etc...especially since I'm trying to work until she is born. Working full days puts enough pressure on this pregnant body.. haha

One pregnancy symptom that I've developed is the "pregnancy mask." Ever heard of that? I hadn't... but leave it to me to get it. It's basically where the pigment in my skin on my face has gone crazy. Google it. I have brown patches on my cheeks and forehead, and my complexion is all messed up....thank goodness for make-up! Unfortunately, it doesn't quite cover it all completely! Ugh! Luckily, my doctor said it goes away after the baby is born...though it may take 6 months or so.

I feel Baby Girl moving ALL the time. And, let me tell you... I think we have an athlete in there (which makes Ben grin! :)). She throws some serious punches and kicks, and it feels like she is doing somersaults. It's pretty awesome because her movements cause my whole belly to move back and forth. We have actually seen bony body parts sticking out too... that is CRAZY! The first time it happened I yelled for Ben to feel it. He freaked out!! haha As soon as he pressed on the bone, (we think it was an elbow,) she pushed back and then moved it. His reaction was priceless! Sometimes the movements are painful too, and occasionally take my breath away, but I don't mind it one bit because I know that means she's healthy and growing!

Sleep is pretty much happening in 3 hour increments... if we're lucky. It's so weird, EVERY SINGLE NIGHT I wake up at 12:30 and again at 1:30. I'm not sure what it is that makes me wake up right on the dot at those times but I do. From then on, sometimes I sleep 3 hours sometimes less...its inconsistent. Luckily, I'm usually able to go back to sleep though, so at least its not too bad! I do, however, continue to battle leg cramps..and those aren't fun. At least maybe I'll be use to living with little sleep when Baby Girl gets here, so that won't be quite a shocker!

We still haven't committed to a name yet. We actually have it narrowed down to two different names now. We have committed on a middle name, but just keep changing our minds with the first name. We may just have to wait until we see her before we can commit!

We are spending most of our time continuing to prepare for her arrival. Ben has been busy putting together our pack-n-play, bouncer and strollers. We have a few finishing touches to put on her nursery, but for the most part its done enough that it would be fine if she came early. I have already started to pack my hospital bag, but still need to get a few last minute things. We are going next week to get the Fire Department to help us properly install the car seat.

So, all in all, things are going great right now. We just can't wait to meet the newest addition to our family!! Thanks for the continuous prayers for a healthy baby and delivery!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter