Sunday, June 5, 2011

Getting Ready, Completed Nursery, and Coming Home Dress

Well, we are almost 2 weeks out from our due date and the nesting has officially began! My mom came to Birmingham this weekend to help me and Ben finish all the last minute details preparing for Baby Girl to arrive. We had a very busy weekend!

Mom and I woke up Saturday morning at 5:30 (Mom is always an early riser, but this time wasn't by choice by me, I just don't sleep much these days). So after a cup of coffee for her and a glass of apple juice for me, we decided to get busy. We washed and changed all of the sheets on the beds, organized my kitchen pantry, cleaned all of the bathrooms, and cleaned/organized and finished the nursery. Want to see? I love how it has turned out! I still hope to add a couple of things to the walls, but that will come with time.
And check our her wardrobe..yes, she has TONS of clothes. I pretty much hung every article of clothing she has and didn't put anything in her dresser. Don't worry, a lot of these are hand me downs, AND they aren't all newborn size. They go up to 2T...but she is definitely going to be stylin'! Mom and I then headed out to take Ellie to get groomed and run some last minute errands to get all of the final necessities before Baby Girls arrival.

While we were gone, Ben worked outside in the yard. He mowed both the front and back yards, trimmed all of the bushes and trees and pulled weeds. When mom and I got home, we helped him finish trimming some of the huge trees/bushes in our front yard. Well... I should say, mom helped Ben. haha I pulled a chair out in the front yard and supervised. I did help rake up some of the scraps though, so I wasn't COMPLETELY worthless. One of the trees in front of our house was realllly overgrown, and because we live up on a hill it seemed almost impossible to trim the top of it. However, mom and Ben figured out a way to make it work. While one pulled hard to pull the branches down, the other clipped the top off.
At one point, Ben had to climb up in the tree to cut down some of the branches.... Mom and I laughed so hard. I was actually pretty nervous that the limb was going to break and Ben would end up in the hospital before me...with a broken ankle. Luckily, he didn't and the tree and our house both look SOO much better. It was just a tad bit hot that day, and Ben was just a little sweaty.... hahaThis may have been when Ben said "Oh the things I do for my pregnant wife and unborn baby girl." haha She's already got him wrapped around her finger!

We finished out the day grilling some hamburgers and then all crashed from exhaustion. Today we finished sweeping/dusting, interchanged my winter/summer clothes in my closet, cleaned our cars, loaded the car seat, and finshed packing my hospital bag. So, we have pretty much completed everything and now just have to wait patiently for her to arrive!

I did go to the doctor this past Thursday and found out that I had dilated another cm. That was good news! We are really hoping she decides to come early. All morning Saturday I started having Braxton Hicks contractions..I think (since this is my first time its hard to really know what I'm feeling). My stomach kept tightening like a brick...but they didn't hurt so I knew it wasn't anything too concerning. That went on until about 3 that afternoon, and then they tapered off. I've had some sporadically today...but nothing painful or consistent. So, it hasn't started yet, but hopefully my body is getting ready for that special day!

Lastly, want to see Baby Girl's coming home dress? I love it! It's an heirloom dress and I hope to frame it and put it in her room after she outgrows it. I especially love the matching bonnet..
I can't wait to see how cute she will look in it!! If only she would hurry up and make her debut!!

1 comment:

  1. Everything looks so great! Can't wait to see pictures and meet her!!

    I left a present with Beth for y'all!

    Praying for you!


Site Meter