Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Mary Hyatt's 10 Week Check Up

I'm a little late in posting this considering Mary Hyatt is almost 11 1/2 weeks old now, but better late than never I guess.

A couple weeks ago we went to the doctor for Mary Hyatt's two month check up. We actually went when she was 10 weeks old because we were out of town on her 2 month birthday so I had to reschedule. I had been dreading this appointment for a while because I knew she had to get shots.

Mary Hyatt weighed 12 lbs 9 0z and was 24 inches long! The nurse actually measured her length twice because she said she rarely sees babies grow as much as she did in just a month! When the doctor came to see us, she told us that MH's height was actually off the chart for her age group. Looks like she may have inherited her Grandaddy and Nana's heigth!

While we were waiting for the nurse to come back in and give MH her shots, she fell asleep on my chest. It figures. Of course she would be so peaceful and calm right before it and I'd have to wake her up to pain.

She got 5 vaccines that day. Luckily only 2 shots and then 1 vaccine was in a liquid form that she swallowed. Ben and I were actually completely shocked by MHs reaction to the shots. She literally cried for only about 20 seconds and then she fell back to sleep in my arms. We left the doctor thinking "Wow, that was a piece of cake!" We even ran a few errands after and we had a surprisingly happy baby..

But as time passed, when we got home we started to notice that MH was getting a little more cranky than normal. By about 6:00 she was pitiful. We tried everything we could to console her, but she kept crying as if she was in pain. She had a low fever as well. Though the doctor had prepared us and told us that she might not feel well that night, it broke our hearts to see her like that. Ben decided to go to CVS to get some tylenol and I finally got her to fall asleep in my arms. I didn't want to move or risk waking her up so I literally sat completely still for a couple of hours. We put her to bed a little later and she slept great. The next morning she was back to our happy baby! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter