Sunday, November 6, 2011

Artwork

I figured since my last couple of posts haven't really been about anything too happy, I needed to post something with a little bit more cheer to it. This is one thing that I love about Mary Hyatt's daycare. They give me a sheet every Monday with a "curriculum" that they are following for the week. Each week they have a different song with motions that they do with the babies, read a specific book/poem every day, say a specific bible verse, and have some type of motor goal that they work on with the babies (like last week they were working on helping the babies with grabbing things in their hand). Her teacher told me that they don't necessarily do these things with all the babies in a group at the same time; they just do them with them each individually or in a small group depending on how each baby's schedule allows for it. I just love knowing that MH is exposed to these types of things to help stimulate her growth and development at daycare. It makes it a little easier on my soul to drop her off knowing she's still in good care there..

They also try to do at least one piece of artwork with them every week or couple of weeks. Now, I know that MH really isn't "doing" this art work and she has no concept of what is going on, but I still absolutely LOVE that they do this. It's just the little details like this about her school that makes me feel like they really do care and take time to work with the babies. I seriously look forward to getting her artwork every Friday, and I love that I'll be able to keep a lot of this to show her when she gets older. We always have at least one thing posted on our refrigerator and I have a couple of them posted on the board above my desk at work. I'm such a proud mama! haha..Here are a few of the things that I've gotten lately...

This first one is suppose to be 5 little pumpkins sitting on a gate.... They used her heel to make the pumpkins...
This is her silly skeleton... hahaThis next one was the first thing that she did. It's suppose to be apples on a tree and they used her toe print for the apples...

The last one is one of my favorites.... 3 little ghosts made from her footprint...
Don't those things just make you smile?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter