Thursday, August 9, 2012

Meg and Kris' Wedding Day

The morning of the wedding all of the girls went up to a salon to get their hair done.  Here is a picture of Meg getting hers done...


Just beautiful.... and she doesn't have her make up done in this picture yet?  It's not fair is it?!

Also, look at her cute shirt.  Sally (her sister) had it made for her with her new initials on it.  I thought it was so cute.
I didn't really take any pictures of the rest of the girls getting their hair done.  I mean, it wasn't about any of us anyway, right?  haha

We had lunch back at the Adams' house and then headed to the church for pictures. I was so worried about how Mary Hyatt was going to do for pictures etc.  She had taken an early morning nap but with all the commotion and hustle and bustle, she wasn't able to get another one.  You can tell she was starting to look a little sleepy...

Luckily Pearce and Tygen (Remember them?  They were the flower girls in my wedding too!) were there to entertain her.  We coudln't have survived without them AND of course an entire bottle of Puffs.

I snapped a couple of pictures of the bride and groom.  Don't they look great?  I thought Meg's dress was so pretty.  It was her mom's dress.  She added a couple of things to it, but isn't that so special? 
Yea, so this isn't the greatest background for a picture...but it's all I got haha
 My mom ended up coming up to the church early to help with Mary Hyatt.  The plan was for her to take her back to the nursery and let her nap before the ceremony while the rest of us finished taking group pictures.  Unfortunately, Mary Hyatt had better plans.  I guess there was just way too much stuff going on and way too many toys and distractions for her to settle down, so when I went back to check on her, I found her sitting up in mom's lap reading a book. haha Oh well.

We snapped a few more pictures before the ceremony.

I did end up getting Mary Hyatt to fall asleep about 35 minutes before the ceremony started.   She got in a good 20 minute nap before we had to wake her up.  I was so nervous that she was either going to be extremely cranky since she hadn't slept all day long or just so tired that she wouldn't walk down the aisle.  Surprisingly enough, she did perfect!! She did have to have a big purple passy in her mouth, which wasn't ideal, but sometimes you just do what you gotta do, and if you ask me, I still thought she looked pretty cute! She was so so so sweet walking down the aisle.  My heart could have exploded with joy watching her.  She stopped and looked up at every person at the end of each aisle.. I think she was totally confused as to what was going on.  At the end of the aisle, I guess she had just had enough and for some reason she just plopped right down on her bottom. haha Ben and I both laughed.  My mom and dad were sitting up on the front row to rescue her, and my mom ended up taking her out of the sanctuary because she started "talking" and squirming all over the place.

The rest of the ceremony was so sweet. I loved watching Meg walk down the aisle with her dad and watching the look on Kris' face as she walked.  They said their vows and everything went smoothly.... well almost everything. I do want to mention one funny thing that happened so that we will always remember.  When Sally was helping straighten out Meg's dress after stepping up a couple of steps, she handed me her bouqet of flowers.  I'm not exactly sure what happened, but somehow Sally's shoe fell off and completely fell down the steps making a thud right at my feet.  Ben ended up picking it up and handing it back to her and all of us were so tickled for the first half of the ceremony.  I love little things like that that make it so memorable! :)

After the ceremony we all headed to the reception.  Ben talked me in to not taking my camera with me so that I didn't have to keep up with it.  At the time I agreed, but now I kind of wish I had taken it in.  All I got were a few pictures on my phone and most didn't turn out great... :( 

Here is a picture of the Ingram's with their first dance!

Then it was time for the father/daughter dance...

Halfway through the father/daughter dance, the band called for all fathers and daughters in the room to get up and dance.  I loved watching Ben dance with Mary Hyatt.  So sweet!
Mary Hyatt was such a trooper all day.  She had so much fun at the reception.  The child LOVES to dance.  She stood on the dance floor forever just bouncing away and listening to the band. 

But by the end of the night, her little eyes were soo heavy.  My parents ended up taking her home to put her to sleep so Ben and I could stay and enjoy the rest of the reception.

It was such a fun reception and so beautiful. There was tons of people there, the band was so entertaining, the atmosphere was  perfect, and the food was delicious.  I wish I had pictures to show you.  Oh And one of the best parts,  Sally caught Meg's bouqet! Guess we will be having a third Adams' wedding in the making soon... ;)

We are so happy for Meg and Kris and were so honored to all be a part of their special day! It was so much fun for us all and we are so excited to have a new "official" member of the family!  Mary Hyatt LOVES her Uncle Kris!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter