Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Whitney's Baby Shower

The weekend after my birthday, we headed back to Decatur to celebrate my friend Whitney's baby shower. 
I'm not sure if I have mentioned it on the blog yet or not, but she has been on bed rest for 7 weeks now.  She spent 1 full week in the hospital and we were so worried that that sweet baby was going to make her debut really early.  Luckily, she has stayed put, and though Whitney hasn't enjoyed being on bed rest much, I know it has been worth it and will definitely be worth it when that little baby gets here.  So anyway, with all that has been going on, we were so afraid that we weren't going to be able to hold a baby shower for her.  We decided to move the date up much earlier than we had planned and decided to make it a little more low key than we had planned, and we just kept our fingers crossed that she would make it until then.  Fortunately, she did, and the shower turned out perfect.   Here are a few pictures of the decorations and set up...

This was the sweet treat table.  Everything was pink!! Her aunt planned it all and just designated tasks/duties to everyone of what to bring etc.  Isn't this precious!?!


Precious cookies in the shapes of onesies and strollers....pedifores in the background with baby booties on top...

The drink table with pink lemonade and water...


I loved how the water bottles had these diaper pins stuck on them...


I made this diaper bouquet and I think it turned out great.  It was so so easy too!

Party Favors.... Finger nail polish that is literally called "It's a Girl!"

We also had a table with pimento cheese sandwiches, chips etc. but I somehow forgot to take a picture.

 And here she is, the new mama herself with her own mama! Can you believe Whitney was 31 (or 32?) weeks pregnant at this point?!?!?! You can barely even tell; she looks so good..

Here is a picture of everyone that helped with the party...


Unfortunately, I didn't get a ton of pictures of her actually opening the presents because I was busy writing the names/gifts down for her.  I did give my mom my iphone and my good camera with instructions to take pictures.  These are the only two decent ones that she got..

I would have had some great ones from my iphone, but apparently it was on the video camera setting instead of just the regular camera, so I ended up getting about 2-3 seconds of video each time my mom tried to take a picture instead of actual snapshots.  E for effort, mom! :)

Whitney got a lot of great things at her shower, and is pretty much set with all of the big things/necessities. All we need now is for that little bit to hurry up and get here!! (Well....not too too soon! Keep growing little girl :))

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter