Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Pretty Girl, Pretty Dress


So I know I've mentioned repeatedly now that I love consignment shopping, thrift store shopping, yard sale shopping etc.    Well, this is the exact reason I get such a high from all of those things.  Sometimes you have to dig and it may take multiple times before you find something you like, but it never fails, at some point you will come across the most awesome treasure ever.  This was mine.

Mary Hyatt and I got up one Saturday morning and headed out to some yard sales.  I found this absolute gorgeous heirloom dress.  The tag said it was a 9 month size but it looked big enough that it would still fit Mary Hyatt.  I tried it on her and it buttoned with plenty of room under the arms so I couldn't resist buying it for only $15. The lady said she paid close to $200 for it when she bought it.  What a steal I had found!!  She actually had it priced for $20, but it did have a couple of light spots on the top so I asked if she would lower it any in case I wasn't able to get the stains out.  She did and I snatched it up!  As soon as I got home, I put a couple of products on it and within minutes the stains were totally gone! Yay!  Oxyclean works wonders!! 

I of course had to take a few pictures of my sweet girl in the dress.  I guess since it is a 9 month size, it really kind of looks like a top/dress with bloomers.  I'm sure it's not nearly as long as it was intended to be but I think it looks absolutely adorable on her and I really don't think anybody would ever think that it wasn't suppose to fit like this.  I just love it, and I love that it is something that I can save for future children and even future grandchildren because it is timeless.  

So...whew... all that typing and no pictures... ready to see? 




I am absolutely in love with the back of it!  Beautiful!!
Yard Sales and Consignment sales really are the way to go! :)  I'm not ashamed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter