Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Random Pictures

I was looking through my pictures and realized that there are several that I never posted on here that I'd like to have documented.  This post and the pictures will be really random, but it's worth it to me.

Mothers Day 2013--We went to church with my parents and grandparents and then ate at O'Charley' s afterwards.  We snapped this picture before going in to the restaurant.  It was a great day! Being a mama is one of the greatest blessings to me!


These two are some of my favorites.  My mom and grandmother.  I just love this picture of them so I had to include it.  

Mary Hyatt is still all about shoes and purses these days.  Not a single day goes by that she doesn't have on at least one (usually more) pairs of my shoes.  She has found the hanging shoe rack on the back of our bedroom door and she helps herself to all of my shoes--flip flips, flats, heels, wedges--continuously.  Sometimes she even wears daddy's shoes!  

I found her walking like this not too long ago--purse, picnic basket, cell phone, flip flops--ready for the days adventures!

We went to Decatur at the beginning of June to celebrate Baby O's christenening.  I had no idea how Mary Hyatt would last throughout the entire service and I was a nervous wreck. Surprisingly, she was perfect during the actual christenening and then fell asleep in my lap during the sermon. I didn't have my good camera with me and didn't get a chance to take a picture of MH with Baby O but Ben did get this one on my phone..

I think the two year old stage should be called the Terrible and Terrific Twos.  Two year olds are SO cute and we have so many moments throughout the day where I seriously can't get enough of sweet baby girl.   She has moments where she is super sweet and so cute.  Then, in the blink of an eye, we have those "terrible" moments filled with tantrums and a battle for control.  She definitely knows how to push our buttons and we have spent a lot of time in the time out chair.  One day, she got in to my makeup and decided to play with my mascara. She knew she wasn't suppose to do that and as soon as I walked in the room and saw her she stood up and said "I go time out" and ran to the chair. haha I couldn't help but chuckle.  Time out kind of defeats the purpose when she willingly goes though... haha



Nana bought Mary Hyatt a "paint with water" book one weekend.  She thought it was super cool.  She grinned from ear to ear and was so proud of herself.  I just couldn't believe how big she seemed "painting" by herself. 


Reading is still one of her favorite things to do.  Now, she pretends to read the book herself.  She babbles a bunch of jargon  with inflection as if she is reading.  We have even found her pretending to read to her baby dolls before.  She props them up near near her, reads, then shows them the pictures.  It's pretty cute.
Not only does she "read" now, but she legitimately plays with her toys now.  She cooks in her kitchen and brings us "cookies" and "coffee" all the time. Our house pretty much looks like this on a daily basis...I don't mind though.  It just means she's having fun!
The little chef herself..
We have spent many days this summer out in the backyard swimming and playing on a slip and slide.  I was getting it all set up one day and when I looked up I found these three sitting just like this. I couldn't believe they were all within the same vicinity of each other so I couldn't resist snapping a picture.
We also have taken many walks in the evening.  Mary Hyatt always asks to walk to the park and requests that we walk to the swing.  One night, we gave her an extra special treat and walked downtown to the ice cream shop.
This is one thing that I love about our neighborhood.  We are within walking distance to many shops and restaurants.

Mary Hyatt is just like her daddy.  He LOVES ice cream, and so does she!
I mentioned play earlier, but here is another prime example.  I was actually drying my hair this particular morning when I looked over and found MH having a tea party down beside me on the bathroom floor.  It cracked me up that she had her baby propped right beside her.
My 2, going on 16 year old!
She loves her sunglasses.
Hair twirling is still her "comfort" thing.  Caught her twirling daddy's hair one morning just like this!
   and again a little bit later like this..

I use to get pedicures all the time but that luxury has moved far down the list of priorities so I rarely do it anymore.  I decided to get one before we headed to the beach one weekend and Mary Hyatt went with me. She loved putting her feet in the water and pretending to get a pedicure herself.  I love having a girl!

This was Mary Hyatt's last morning as a one year old. This is how she spends most of her mornings.  She usually eats breakfast then likes to cuddle up on the couch and watch Mickey Mouse Clubhouse or the Lion King while Ben and I get ready. 


That's it for now! Next up...Birthday Party!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter