Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Molly at 9 Months

 ** Disclaimer:  Though these are being posted way late, I did actually write them on time and saved them in "draft" form because I had hoped to go back and add pictures later.  Clearly, I haven't done that yet.. maybe I'll get around to it soon, but if not, at least I have all the details posted.

Gosh, time really seems to be getting away from me these days! With all of the hustle and bustle of the holidays,  I actually completely forgot to even take pictures of you at 8 months... oops!

You have changed so much over the last few months.  You can now sit up, crawl, and pull up to stand-- and you do all of that often!  We can't leave you unattended for a second anymore! The otherr day, I left you back in your room playing with a toy while I ran to the laundry room for less than two minutes.  When I came out of the laundry room, you had crawled all the way from the back of the house to the living room and you were standing up at Mary Hyatt's doll house "playing" with the pieces in it.    Your daddy and I think you may walk earlier like your sisterr did, but we will see.  Secretly, I'm kind of hoping that you don't--because that is just one more milestone that means you are growing out of the "baby" stage.


Over the past month, you have started eating people food and you LOVE it! Anything that you can pick up and put in your mouth by yourself is a big hit.  So far you have had lima beans, sweet potatoes, carrots, green beans, and bananas and you love it all.  You still eat between 5-6 bottles a day with at least 6 ounces in each bottle.  You make your daddy and I laugh because if you even see a bottle, you start grinning and kicking with excitement and if we don't give it to you within 30 seconds, you start to whine.


Sleeping has been hit or miss lately. You were doing so well for a while but over the last couple of weeks you have started waking up once in the middle of the night.  It isn't consistent--some nights you still sleep all the way through, but some times you don't.

Bath time is your favorite part of the day.  You would stay in the bath tub for hours if we let you.  In the last month, you have started splashing like crazy.  You make a big mess, but your smiles and giggles make it work it!

You also love books.  Sadly, being the second child, I don't feel like I have as much time to sit and read to you like I did with MH at this age.  The other day when I pulled out a book I was shocked at how attentive you were to it.  You LOVE the touch and feel books and if I touch something, you will touch it.  You follow my finger with your eyes and look at every little thing that I point to and label as if you are really taking it all in.  I'm trying to get better about "reading" books to you daily.


You are still head over heels for your big sister and she is totally obsessed with you.  You have started to get a little frustrated at times with all of the loving and smothering that MH does to you, but for the most part, she is the one that makes you smile and giggle the most.


You have a mouth full of teeth! You now have 8 teeth which totally shocks us since Mary Hyatt barely even had one at this point!  You are a growing girl and weigh 22 pounds. :)  You have started wearing 12 and 18 month clothes.


I can't believe that in just 3 short months we will be celebrating your first birthday! It makes me so sad to see this year go by so quickly, but at the same time I am so thankful for you and the joy you continue to bring to our family.  We love you baby Molly!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter