Yep, that's my Dad!
Here's a list of the TOP 10 things that I love about my dad.
1. I love that my dad can fix ANYTHING! Seriously, he is one of those guys that you would definitely call a "handy man." If I ever have anything that breaks or doesn't work, I immediately call my dad. If I'm having trouble hooking up some type of electronic device, he can usually walk me through the steps over the phone of how to do it...without even seeing it. If my computer gets a virus, he knows how to completely take the computer apart and rebuild it. It is so nice to have his help! I don't think I could survive without him!
2. I love how he makes up a nickname for EVERYONE. The funny part is, they are usually so random and have no meaning. For instance, my nickname is Liz, my brothers is Biz, and my mom is Lou or Lou-da or sometimes Alice. haha Nobody knows why or where any of those came from, but we all answer to them! haha Just to prove that he uses these names all the time, I remember when I was in elementary school he had a friend over who had brought his little girl. My dad had been calling me "Liz" all day, and later that evening his friend told his daughter to "Go in there and play with Liz." I remember just laughing so hard because he thought that was my name!
3. I love how my dad is such a "go-getter." He works so hard all the time in order to give me and my family all that we want and/or need. He has so much drive and initiative which has made him to be the successful man that he is.
4. I love that he is a perfectionist. He doesn't do ANYTHING half-way, and he goes all out on everything. If its yard work, cleaning his truck, starting the first branch of our new business(FHTM)in Decatur, he goes at it full force and does it all perfectly! I think he has actually given me part of that trait. I tend to be a perfectionist in a lot of areas too!
5. I love that he is a "clean freak." He's not really a freak...haha I just couldn't think of a better description. He (with the help of my mom) makes sure the house is spotless. Ben and I always laugh because he seriously takes about 10 minutes to wipe off and clean our stove top. It's one of those flat stove tops and he is always rubbing it and pulling out some type of cleaner to put on it. He also gave me this trait. Ben says I am obsessive about cleaning our kitchen counters.
6. I love that he is technilogically savy. He keeps us up to date with the newest and best items out there... Seriously. For example, a while back, we came home to my dads newest purchse of a 60 inch flat screen TV! Yes.... 60... it's huge. I know those are everywhere now, but at that time, he had bought 1 out of only 20 that existed, and had it shipped over from Japan. Because that size wasn't popular in the US yet, there were no TV cabinets big enough to fit it. My mom had to search and search and found only 1 to choose from.....I know this is hard to believe because now they are everywhere. I remember my mom and me laughing hysterically when we saw it because it was GIGANTIC. haha We thought it was TOO big, and thought it was almost embarrassing to have. Now we are so use to it, and have seen them in lots of other peoples houses. I'm so thankful that my dad can introduce us to these types of things!
7. I love that my dad is funny. He always makes the funniest most random remarks that usually make everyone laugh. He also makes a lot of sound effects...like when we watch tv, that are Hilarious!
8. I love that my dad is a people pleaser, and most people really like him and respect him. He has such a friendly personality and can get along with anyone. He is very approachable by others. One day, after we got engaged, Ben literally said "I'm so lucky to have a father-in-law like your dad. He is so cool and laid back, it was easy to ask his permission to marry you." He had heard a few other stories from friends where that whole process was a little more intimidating..
9. I love that my dad gave me his greasy, oily hair...... Ok.... Not really. I actually hate that my hair is so greasy that it looks wet if I don't wash it every morning. I would love to be able to skip a day of washing it...but I can't. But hey, thats just one fault for my dad...haha just kidding.
10. And last but not least, I love that my dad loves me and my entire family and would seriously
do anything for any of us!
He sounds like one pretty cool guy, don't you think?! To end, here are a few of my favorite pictures of him.