Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Was it worth it?!?

Ready for a good laugh?

So tonight Ben is having to work really late. (This is his last week of "busy season" hours!) Anyway, I decided since I was on my own for dinner, I would order chinese food because when Ben is here, he doesn't usually like to eat it and I LOVE it.

I was sitting on the couch eating while watching American Idol. I had moved Ellie and the puppies in their little bin up on the couch beside me so I could be near them. They were looking soo cute just cuddled up next to Ellie sleeping, so I wanted to get a picture of them. I stood up, grabbed my camera and then sat on our coffee table in front of Ellie to take the picture. Two words:

BAD IDEA.

Just to inform you, our coffee table is an old hand-me-down from Ben's grandfather. It had actually been handed down to Jack (Ben's brother) first who used it for a while, and then we got it when we got married. Although it was a little old, it was fine for us. It served it's purpose, and we didn't have to worry about buying one.

Because it is so old, the legs had started to get a little wobbly, so my big tail sitting on it was not the smartest idea. As soon as I tried to get up from taking the pictures, one of the legs completely broke off. The table busted on the floor, and everything on the table went rolling all over the floor. Let me remind you that I was sitting here eating my Chinese food right before all of this happened. What do you use with Chinese food? Soy Sauce. Yes, I had a FULL bottle of soy sauce on the coffee table with the lid barely twisted on. When the table busted, the soy sauce went everywhere! See for yourself....

YUCK!!!
When all of this happened, I didn't know whether to laugh or cry. haha I sat there on the floor in shock for a minute, then couldn't help but laugh. It was bound to happen sooner or later. I'm thinking this just might be a sign that I need to start working out again...Ben and I have both been talking about how we have gained so much weight since we've gotten married. This may be the last straw...It's pretty sad when you sit on a table and you weigh so much that the legs on the table give out! haha

So now, not only does my apartment smell HORRIBLE, we no longer have a coffee table or a rug in our living room. (I've tried to clean it, but its just not happening.) Guess we'll have to search for another hand-me-down, or may just have to buy our own. I can't wait for Ben to come home from work to see (and smell!) this! haha He will be thrilled I'm sure....

But on a happier note, here are the pictures I took before the table collapsed. They are pretty cute I think! But I'm not convinced the pictures are worth the mess I created...oh well! Hope you got a good laugh out off all of this like I did! Enjoy!


1 comment:

  1. Haha that is funny! Our friend did the same thing to our coffee table, except it was glass and we didn't have soy sauce! Ellie looks so cute with her puppies though!

    ReplyDelete

Site Meter