Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Easter 2010

Ben and I had a great Easter weekend! We went home to Decatur to hang out with our families! We didn't get there until around 8:15 Friday night, and we spent the rest of that night showing off the puppies to both of our families! haha It felt like these puppies were our own newborn babies going home to grandmas! haha They of course all loved seeing them and playing with them! Ellie actually did pretty well with it too... I didn't know how protective she would be or how she would act to everyone holding the puppies. With the exception of a few growls and snarls at a couple of people and other dogs, she was fine, and everyone was able to hold one of them at some point!

Saturday was very low key. It started off very rainy so we were a little bummed at first, but eventually the sun came out and it was beautiful! Ben went to play golf with his brother and I went and got a pedicure! That was such a nice treat! I haven't had one since before the wedding and my toes were needing it.... especially since its time for flip flops!! We also went by my mom's store, Frankie's. As I've mentioned before it is actually closing down after 36 years...more on that later. It will only be open for 2-3 more weeks, so I wanted to make sure I got a chance to go by there one last time! It's so bittersweet!

Sunday we of course went to sunday school and church. I love Easter Sunday at our church. It of course was packed out, and it was so good to see everyone. Both the sermon and the music were wonderful! Sometimes I get just as much, or maybe even more, out of the music as I do the sermons. Don't get me wrong, I love listening to the sermons (MOST of the time anyways! haha I'm not afraid to admit that there are those sermons at times where I'm having to fight to keep my eyes open..) I'm just saying that music often moves me and really speaks to my heart in a way that I can't explain. This Easter during communion we sang so many great songs, and at the end of the service our choir sang the "Hallelujah Chorus" while a small ensemble of instruments played along. It was beautiful! The service altogether was wonderful, and such a great way to help us remember the true meaning behind Easter!


After church we went to Huntsville to eat at Ben's grandparents house. It was great to get to see the whole family and we enjoyed a delicious meal! Here is a picture of us with Ben's immediate family..



And here is one of me with his sisters, Meg and Sally!



To change the subject, Ben finally finished his last week of "busy season hours" on Friday! Yay! I don't know who is more excited, me or him! He was already home yesterday by the time I got home... it was so weird having him here with me before bedtime! This week I am spending my mornings at UAB in acute care, which is in the actual hospital part of UAB like the ICU's and trauma wings etc! It's completely different than rehab, because its muuuch more fast paced and the patients are a LOT sicker, but I'm loving it so far! I am just learning so much every day, and am really so thankful for this opportunity.


So, I guess thats about it! Hope you all had a great Easter weekend, and are enjoying this GORGEOUS weather! I know I am! (except for the fact that my newly washed last weekend BLACK car, is now YELLOW! Yuck!) Check back either later tonight or tomorrow for an update on the little critters!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter