Monday, April 12, 2010

Cleaning, Cooking, and the Pups

This past Sunday I was the most productive I've been since....well, since I can remember. We got up and went to church, came home and started deep cleaning our apartment. We then took a break and went to meet Charlie and Erin, our old roommates, for lunch. After lunch, I came home and finished cleaning our apartment... I swept, mopped, scrubbed cabinets, organized drawers, did all of the laundry that had piled up over the last couple of weeks... You name it, I did it. And boy does it feel good now!!

After I finished cleaning, I decided to start cooking. I cooked for 4 straight hours!! I decided to use the day to make and freeze some of the food that we are having for dinner this week. The best part is that I made a lot of casseroles that could be split into two containers, so now I'll have one for this week, and one for dinner in a couple of weeks! This makes life so much easier! If you've never frozen any casseroles, you should definitely try it! It's worth it!

One thing I love about the blogging world, is finding all of these awesome recipes! We are trying 3 new recipes this week, and I'm very excited. I had gotten in a rut where I feel like we've been eating the same type things every week. We've needed something new, but easy. So I searched through my cookbooks and through some of my favorite blogs and found some good recipes. I'll let you know how they all go as the week goes on!

So far.. one of our favorite desserts that I made Sunday is called "Striped Delight." I got it from Fly Through our Window, another blog that I've recently started reading. If you want to see a good picture of it, go look at hers. For now, here is mine. It doesn't look as evenly put together as hers, and it looks a little messy...but it taste delicious!!! and I guess thats all that matters!
Tonight we had Skillet Grilled Burritos. I got the recipe from a cookbook we got as a wedding gift from Tales of a Peanut. Visit her blog to find lots of other recipes too! We are making another one of hers later this week! The burritos tonight were really good. They were pretty easy to make too, which is definitely my kind of meal. We just rarely have burritos so it was nice to have something different. Next time I'll probably half the recipe though. We had TONS left over. I guess it would have helped if I had read the top part of the recipe that said "serves 8 people!" oops!
As for the puppies, no new news!! They still have NOT opened their eyes!!! It should be any day now... I think. Literally the first thing I do when I wake up in the morning and the first thing I do when I get home from UAB in the afternoons is check their little faces...and No changes... Yet! They are stilll pretty boring at the moment. They don't do much more than sleep and eat. One did have its first bowel movement that we could actually see (sorry if thats too much info, but I feel like I need to include it because my sister, their other grandmother and the owner of the daddy dog, wants to stay updated on their growth and development! haha And I think this is definitely a new milestone! haha) I wasn't happy about that! I know it will get worse... so I need to prepare myself! For those of you that don't know, newborn puppies don't know hot to use the bathroom on their own. The mama dog is suppose to lick them to stimulate them to go, and the mama dog usually eats whatever it is. (EWW!! I know! But its been good for me, because I haven't had to see it!)

The puppies are still growing like weeds... here are some pictures!


And lastly here is a pretty boring video (Don't you want to watch it now?). This just goes to show you just how boring they are right now. When we separate them like this, all they do is squirm around and try to find each other or their mama and then they go back to sleep. They are no fun! Also, as you can see, Ellie is pretty dirty right now. I can't give her a bath until after the puppies open their eyes because right now they rely on her scent to know where and who she is.

This video is funny though at the end. At least I think so anyways! It's like Ellie just finally says.. "Ok, come and get 'em! I know what you want!" haha She's such a good mama! At least you can see the puppies are starting to really stand up and walk with their legs! Before this, they were solely crawling around on their bellies!




Hope everyone is having a good week!

1 comment:

  1. Love the video! They are SO much bigger!!! Keep the updates coming!!!

    ReplyDelete

Site Meter