Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Back Tracking for Updates: Beach Trip in December

Wow! It has been forever since I've updated the ol' blog. I feel like I've been saying that a lot lately. I guess with the hustle and bustle of the holidays, I haven't had much free time to update. Also, my computer recently crashed, so I wasn't able to upload pictures, get on the internet, or do anything really without about 50 pop ups taking over my screen. Luckily, Ben surprised me with a new lap top for Christmas, and I'm just now getting it all set up so that I can get back to my normal activities....like facebook and blogging haha.
.
Anyway, I'm going to have to back track a few weeks to catch up.
.
Back in the beginning of December, Ben and I headed down to the beach to visit my parents (who are living there now for a little while) and to have a little extra relaxation and time to get some Christmas shopping done at the outlets.
.
It was seriously the best trip ever. Very low key, but right up my alley. Mom and I shopped, and shopped, and shopped. We went to the outlets, Destin Commons, every little store in between like Kirklands, Target, Pier 1, Stein Mart (you get the picture), and even drove to Panama City to their awesome mall filled with lots of cute little shops. Each night we came home, wrapped our presents and then spent the night playing card games or relaxing in the condo.
.
We were there during the SEC championship game (WAR EAGLE!!), so Ben and I along with my parents headed to the marina down at the village to watch the game. We of course couldn't resist a few pictures while we were there!
.
*Yes I realize Ben's eyes are basically closed in this picture... I promise we took about 30 pictures and his eyes are like that in every single one. haha I'm not sure what was going on with his smiles that day! haha But I still like the pictures!
See all of the HUGE boats in the background? We all always love walking around and looking at those! I wish I had $1 for every time I've heard Ben and/or my dad say "I'm gonna own one of these one day." I think they say that every time we go down there. Hopefully their dreams will turn in to reality one day!
I was so so sad to leave the beach this time.. so sad that I cried....for 4 straight hours on the ride home. hahaha I'm a little embarrassed to admit that, but I like to blame it on the pregnancy hormones. haha I use to cry when I would leave home to head back to college, but I hadn't really done that since Ben and I got married. He thought I had seriously lost my mind. He didn't understand what was wrong. I think I was just thinking "Please don't make me go back to reality of work all day everyday, Ben being out of town for several weeks or working extremely late hours and weekends, constant loads of laundry and a house to clean..bla bla bla." I wanted to stay at the beach where we didn't have a worry in the world. Where everyone was so happy, and days were filled with freedom and fun times. I also loved having the quality time with my parents...just the four of us. It was wonderful. I guess thats why they call it vacation. But unfortunately, it did come to an end. We did head back in to reality and surprisingly, I have survived just fine. haha

But, don't worry, we already have our next trip to the beach planned, and it just happens to be for this upcoming weekend! Ben and I are heading down with our good friends Whitney and Brian to celebrate New Years! We can't wait!

Stay tuned for more updates on our Christmas festivities!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter