Friday, August 19, 2011

2 Months Old

Our baby girl is now 2 months old!

She is becoming more alert every day and is starting to develop a little personality.

She loves her play mat and starts kicking her legs and moving her arms like crazy whenever she is on it.
We like to take walks around the neighborhood almost every day. At first Mary Hyatt would only last about half the walk before she would get upset, and Ben would usually pick her up and carry her the rest of the way. (Yes, she already has him wrapped around her finger! haha) She is getting better now though and has made it the whole way several times.

I'm not exactly sure how much she weighs now. I put her on my parents scale and I think she is somewhere between 10 and 11 pounds, but I'm not for sure if their scale is right and she doesn't go to the doctor for another two weeks. She is still wearing 0-3 months size clothes, though some of her onesies are starting to get too small in the length because they shrunk a little after being in the dryer. From the looks of it now, it seems like Mary Hyatt may be pretty tall when she grows up. A lot of people have commented on how long she is when they've met her.
She is eating about 4 1/2 ounces every 3 hours..sometimes a little sooner sometimes a little later. I really don't have her on a strict schedule. I pretty much just follow her lead. I can usually tell when she is hungry because she will start getting a little fussy and will start putting her hand in her mouth and sucking on it.
As far as napping goes, she is reallly inconsistent. There for a while, she was taking about a 3 hour nap every day and then a lot of little cat naps. But now, some days she will still take a long nap and others she doesn't really nap at all or just takes a lot of short naps. I've tried to just put her down in her crib some times after I've changed her and fed her hoping she would just drift off to sleep, but she usually ends up getting really mad and starts crying pretty hard. I tried to let her cry it out a couple of times, but she would start crying so hard that she would start choking and my heart couldn't take it anymore. For a while, it bothered me because I felt like I should be trying to get her on a good schedule/routine, but I really think she is either just still too young, or maybe a consistent schedule just doesn't work for us right now. She doesn't seem to mind, and I really don't either. It's actually kind of nice that I can go about my day however it unfolds and she just fits right in it, instead of having to plan my day around a nap time or feeding schedule. As she gets older and especially when she starts day care next month, we may develop more of a schedule, but we'll just wait and see.
One day she fell asleep on this pillow next Ellie.. I thought it was kind of funny so of course I took a picture!
At night she usually sleeps about 6 hours, which is wonderful. Some nights she does still wake up every 4 or 5 hours, but then there have been a few nights that she has slept 7 or 8 hours. It's so nice that she is finally starting to sleep a little longer than she did the first month. She is still sleeping in the basinet in our room for now, but I'm sure we will be making the switch to her room soon. I'm wanting to wait until she is pretty consistent with her sleep patterns before we move her.
Every night we do the same bedtime routine that we started the first couple of weeks after she was born. Ben usually dances with her for about 30 minutes, then I give her a bath, put lotion on her, swaddle her, feed her, and then she goes to sleep. She still loves to be swaddled. She won't sleep at all if she's not swaddled pretty tight!
Ben usually does the morning feeding when she first wakes up, and after that she is usually a really happy baby. That's usually when she smiles and grins the most!
She loves to be talked to. She has really started focusing in on our eyes when we talk to her. It's pretty funny because she usually grins the most if we say "Goo Goo" to her and kind of drag it out really long. My mom has started calling her the "Goo Goo Baby" because of it. haha
Oh how I love that sweet smile!

Happy 2 month birthday Mary Hyatt!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter