Friday, December 2, 2011

Baby Divided

Life during football season is a little different being in a house divided, but luckily Ben and I both agree that there are far more important things in life than football; and while we both love our Alma Maters, we have both said that we will support Mary Hyatt with whatever she chooses...whether its orange/blue, crimson/white, or any of the other colors out there...

I'm usually the one that dresses Mary Hyatt and though it has hurt my soul a little bit, I've wanted to stay fair and have dressed her in Alabama outfits as much as Auburn outfits. Luckily, we weren't stuck in a dilemma this year for the iron bowl because our friends Whitney and Brian gave us the cutest onesie for MH to wear... it was perfect..
Back before MH was born, Ben's grandmother sent us these booties, which were especially great for this occasion. I remember his grandmother telling us that it hurt her a little to spend money on Auburn paraphernalia...haha I feel her pain...We watched the first half of the game at my parent's house and the second half of the game at Ben's parents house.
Well I say we "watched" the game. I really wasn't too impressed with the way things were going so I really didn't pay much attention to it. Poor Auburn.. maybe next time.

Mary Hyatt was actually pretty fussy during the second half of the game and Ben's mom helped with her thankfully. Unfortunately, as the night went on she seemed to get worse and Ben developed a nasty stomach bug. MH had been pulling on her ears all weekend so we were afraid she was getting another ear infection. She literally screamed crying like something was hurting. Ben had been feeling a little off all day but had no idea what he was in for. After the game, he continued to get worse and worse and then the bug hit full fledge. I ran to the pharmacy to pick up some medicine for both MH and Ben. I am sooo thankful that we were still in Decatur when all of this happened and Ben's parents so graciously helped me. Luckily the next morning MH was muuuch better. Unfortunately Ben was not. He had the bug for about 3 days and then it finally totally went away. I am so thankful that I didn't get it.... (knock on wood!), but am so glad that both Ben and Mary Hyatt are better now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter