Friday, February 17, 2012

Rascal Flatts

Last weekend my good friend Leigh Anna invited me to the Rascal Flatts concert with her.  Her brother had gotten her two tickets for Christmas and lucky for me her husband didn't want to go with her so she invited me. (I know, what was he thinking?!)

The concert ended up falling on the perfect day.  It was actually my last day of work in Cullman.  It had been an emotional day full of tears so I was thankful to end the day with something exciting. 

The show was absolutely wonderful.  It started with Hunter Hayes, then Sara Evans and then Rascal Flatts.  They were all so good.  I had never heard of Hunter Hayes before but I actually really enjoyed him.  I had also forgotten how many songs Sara Evans sang that I knew and the same with Rascal Flatts.

At the end of the show Rascal Flatts sang "He Ain't the Leaving Kind,"  (which use to be one of my all time favorite songs that I had forgotten about. You should go listen to it if you haven't ever heard it.)  While singing several men in the marines all came marching down the three steps and lined across the stage.  It gave me chills and it was such a touching moment. 



 It was such a great night. It was especially nice to be able to have a little "girl time" and gave me a free night away while Ben and her husband entertained and put Mary Hyatt to bed.

I am so thankful to have such a sweet friend to invite me! Thank You Leigh Anna!!

1 comment:

  1. You are so welcome!! It was good to get my mind off work and spend some time with you! The concert was fabulous.

    ReplyDelete

Site Meter