Thursday, April 19, 2012

Good Eats

Over the past week, we have really introduced Mary Hyatt to a variety of new foods!  One night when Ben was out of town, I stopped and picked up some veggies for dinner.  I decided to let Mary Hyatt try some of the mashed potatoes, green beans and macaroni and cheese all mushed up.  She was a big fan! I started feeding her with a fork, but she kept knocking the fork out of my hand and reaching to grab the plate.  I finally just caved and let her dig in...

She was really enjoying herself...

And of course it started to get everywhere...

But, she was just having so much fun so I couldn't stop it..
 Yum.. Yum....

And it eventually started to get a little out of hand... I guess this would have been a good time for me to put an end to all of this...

 But I didn't...
I mean, after all, this is how babies learn right?  She was just exploring new textures and new tastes... it was just a learning experiences.  That's what I'm telling myself anyway. haha ;)

And of course, since I didn't stop this learning experience, the plate ended up on the floor... food splattered across the room...and Ellie was right there loving every minute of it!

And Mary Hyatt was too! :)

Eek!

Then, one night this week, we gave Mary Hyatt a pancake for dinner...(with a tad bit of syrup that had soaked into it). 

And she started drinking some juice/water from a sippy cup...
 Since when did my baby girl get so big? 


She loved the pancake.  She especially loved that she could pick it up and feed herself.  
 Can you see her little pearly whites? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter