Saturday, July 14, 2012

Fourth of July- Part 2

I'm really not exactly sure why I decided to do the 4th of July in two posts.  As I sat down to write this post, I realized I really don't have very many pictures from our evening festivities.  Oh well.

After our fun morning at the pool, we all headed back to my house to take naps.  Yes, Mary Hyatt took a nap, but so did her mama and daddy.  A day at the pool in the 100+ degree heat is enough to wear everyone out! :)

After our naps we got ready to head over to my grandparents house to cook out. We couldn't resist a couple of family pictures of course..
 Unfortunately we didn't get one where we were all smiling and looking at the camera.  Taking pictures with a 1 year old gets to be a little tricky.  This is the best we could do. 

I loved Mary Hyatt's sweet Fourth of July outfit.  I don't think there is anything cuter than a baby in a bubble outfit. I actually found this one at a consignment shop in Birmingham. It looked brand new!  I love finding good deals! 
 We grilled out and had a delicious meal with my parents and grandparents.  Somehow I managed to make it through the night without taking any pictures of my family.  This is the only one that I got of Mary Hyatt on my grandmothers lap..
 Our meal was delicious. After we ate, our good friends Whitney and Brian came over to hang out with us, and we planned to walk out to Point Mallard for all of the festivities.  Mary Hyatt had actually gone to sleep before they got there, so we hung out at my grandparents and watched tv/talked for a little while to let her sleep.  I actually debated not even waking her up to go see the fireworks.  I knew she wouldn't care anything about missing them, but I decided to take her anyway.

She actually did great out there and enjoyed looking at them.  Every now and then she would wimper or squirm like maybe the noise was frightening her, but for the most part just sat and watched them.

(Sorry for the blurry picture.  It was taken on my phone!)
 It actually wasn't hard getting her back to sleep afterwards either.  We had such a fun 4th of July this year!

Oh and just for kicks...

Oh what a difference a year makes...

Here is Mary Hyatt on July 4th last year.  She was just 2 weeks old. 

And here we were with our new baby girl on the fourth.  Yikes! Thankful for a year of changes in me! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter