Thursday, December 6, 2012

O' Christmas Tree

 
I absolutely love Christmas time.  Last year, we were so busy that we weren't able to get our Christmas tree up until the week before Christmas.  This year, I was determined not to let that happen again.  We knew Ben was going to be out of town for work for three weeks in December so our best bet was to get it up right after Thanksgiving. Mary Hyatt loved watching this little Santa sing and dance while Ben and I were getting ready to go get our Christmas tree.  I have had this little Santa since I was in high school.  For some reason, I asked for it for Christmas one year and my grandmother got it for me.  I've loved him ever since, and now it's becoming a hit with Mary Hyatt! 

Mary Hyatt actually fell asleep in the car on the way to get our Christmas tree so she was a little out of it when we got there.

 But she started to perk up after a little while..
She is so attached to this passy! I don't know how we will ever take it away!
We picked out the perfect tree and loaded it on the car to take home.

But first, we had to stop for some lunch! In case you don't remember from my previous post, Ben and I have continued one of his family traditions to get Krystal's cheeseburgers and fries on our way to get the Christmas tree.  Mary Hyatt got to partake in it with us this year and she was a big fan!!
 
 


Her first cheeseburger! haha  I tried to pinch it off in to little piece for her but she wanted to hold it herself! She's such a big girl!
Typically we wouldn't have eaten in the car, but we were on such a tight schedule because Ben had to fly out that afternoon so we had to make the most of our time.  Mary Hyatt did great and thoroughly enjoyed her first happy meal!

This next picture cracks me up.  We put Mary Hyatt in the car to contain her while we were trying to get the tree down and in to our house. 
 

By the time we got the tree down and into the stand, it was acutally time for Ben to head to the airport so we didn't get to decorate as a family.  I decorated it and finished hanging wreaths outside while Mary Hyatt napped.  Here's the finished product! I think it turned out great!

Mary Hyatt loved looking at it when she woke up!  She loves the lights!  Surprisingly enough, she is doing a good job not messing with it or the ornaments too much!
 
I actually put up three other small trees around our house.  I need to post pictures of them sometime.  One of them has all of my family's Christopher Radko ornaments on it, another tree has all of mine and Ben's childhood ornaments, and the third tree has crocheted wedding bell ornaments that someone gave us when we got married along with Mary Hyatt's ornaments. 

It is so fun to decorate for this time of year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Site Meter